Thursday, February 8, 2007












A month ago when Darren told me that Lucy will have worked for 20yrs washing diapers on Feb. 1st I thought, we need to have a celebration. Can you imagine 20 years washing poopy diapers?? What commitment one would have to have! Lucy first worked for the Allens who started Home of Joy and then worked for us when the Allens closed Home of Joy and we opened the little children’s home.

It was so exciting to plan a surprise parties. I think that surprises are fun. When I was describing to Aubrey that we could not tell Nanay Lucy about it I told Aubrey that His Aunt Sara and Ate Joy (his friend Hosanna’s mommy) had planned a surprise party for me when I was buntis (pregnant) with him.

The moment that Lucy realized that everyone was gathered together to surprise and honor her, the look on her face was something to remember. Everyone was almost in tears when she saw that Kuya Rey (our previous mission driver who lost his leg to diabetes) had made the journey to come for her party. She ran over to Kuya Rey and gave him a big hug and a shoulder punch.

Thank you to the adoptive families who wrote in letters to give to Nanay Lucy.

Love,
Deborah


Check out our blog:
http://www.gustafson-family.blogspot.com/

No comments: